14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

We've only been married 16 months.

In that time, though, we've had some good days and some bad days.

We haven't always agreed.

Though more than that, we have often thought we were on the same page, but were actually in separate books (that seems to be our greatest weakness, doesn't it?).

We haven't always been happy with each other.

But.

We've always been happy to be together.

We've had so much fun.

We have our little family ... which these days, we refer to more often as The Zoo.


It seems like people take the everyday things for granted, so here, I want to talk about all the mundane life things ... all the things I love about us the most.

I love sitting down to dinner with you every night, laughing over whatever television series we happen to be working through.

I love grocery shopping with you on the weekends ... laughing at our fellow shoppers, avoiding the Girls Scouts at the front door, feigning surprise when a random box of cookies or bag of chocolates or pint of ice cream just appears in the cart.

I love enjoying our zoo with you.  The things we do for our furry friends!  (Like our current couch and bed situation: no cushions on the back of the couch so Milano can't jump off the back ... and the bed on the floor so she doesn't jump off of it either ... crazy hernia-getting dog!)  I love texting you cute pictures of them while you're at work.  I even love bantering with you about who will take Milano out.  I really need to get better at rock, paper, scissors.

I love planning our home with you.  Even if we're sometimes rarely never on the same page about what we're thinking.  But we've done okay so far, right?  Just looking through our other blog entries ... I think we do better than we give ourselves credit for.

I love waking up next to you.  Who am I kidding; you always get up hours before me.  But I love waking up to your chants of "sweetie, sweetie, sweetie!"  It's a wonderful way to start my day.

And I hope to keep starting them that way for the rest of my life.

I love you, Isaac.

2 comments:

  1. This is the CUTEST thing I have ever read, seriously. Thanks for reminding me that the best things about marriage can often be wrapped up in the "mundane." I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VOM!!! Just kiddin! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive